Sunday 2 June 2013

Boxes.

 photo stopworrying_zps87cecf72.jpg

One thing you need to know about me is that I rarely open up about my problems to my friends. I am the one people come to, not the one that calls someone up in an emergency.

This last year has been one of the most stressful I  have ever experienced and I have felt incredibly alone and very vulnerable. This week has been the outpouring of all of it. I have cried and yelled and broken down more times than I can say. Not attractive, but very necessary! 

I saw some very close friends last week and one of them spoke to me about putting life issues into hypothetical 'boxes'. Separating everything into it own place and deciding which thing carries the most priority and then dealing with it. He explained how he coped, using this technique, when he moved away from his family. It makes sense, perfect sense. 

This is something I need to get better at, separating things. For me, everything ends up in one large ball of crap and I cannot see an end point or solution through it all.

So, having just unloaded almost all of my boxes post-move, I now have to construct some metaphorical ones and start filling them. Wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment