Wednesday 19 June 2013

That back to school feeling.

 photo girlinchair_zpsd4903b10.jpg

Sometimes, and I really don't know why this happens, when I get up for work, especially when it is early, I feel that nervous feeling in my stomach. It is the same feeling you get when you start a new job or have mega worries in your head (or the same feeling as when you'd had a whole summer off school and had to go back). It can really psyche me out and make me feel on the edge of tears. I had it this morning before I left for work. I wanted the safety of my house and the comfort of my bed. This feeling normally rears its ugly head in the winter months when I am starved of daylight, but when it strikes it is terrifyingly uncomfortable. I am open about my history of depression (just haven't talked about it here yet) so when this feeling strikes it is really awful for me and bowls me down so fast.

Still, I have made it to work, with a '...it'll be alright when you get there and see your friends' from Mr M (just like school days for sure!). I will smile and stand tall and no one will be any the wiser.

Do you suffer with this feeling? How do you handle it? I am intrigued to know, let's share! 

No comments:

Post a Comment