Thursday 4 July 2013

Memories (in the corner of my mind)

 photo memories_zpsda1693cb.jpg

I don't remember how this memory came rushing back to me today but it seemed to pop back into my mind and it made me cringe and smile in equal measures!

Once upon a job I met this guy, I really can't remember his name, poor chap (!), but he was quite sweet and it wasn't until now that I remembered him. In this job I would spend a lot of time around a lot of different people everyday. There were hundreds of people passing through the doors of this place all the God damn time and I was so busy all day that I rarely got a chance to chat to all the customers. 

I was having a really rough time of things at that particular moment of my life so I must've not had my head entirely screwed on or else I may have more interesting details for you. This guy used to talk with me when he could and it was clear he had a bit of a 'thing' for me. We didn't go out or anything but I remember him as being really sweet to me.

It was all quite 'silent' really. What I mean by that is that he was just sort of there, like he knew I was struggling so was just like a support.

One day he turned up at my house. When I came to the door he was stood there with a roast dinner. He had heard I wasn't feeling too well from someone at work, and he had cooked me a dinner, wrapped it up and come on over. I really hope my memory is failing me because I cannot remember letting him in. That is not my style at all, I like to think I am not that rude at all.

I don't know where he disappeared to (probably somewhere that someone actually let him in). 

All these years later I look back on that and think, wow, I would love it if a guy noticed I was feeling crap and brought a dinner around to my place or anything for that matter. That poor guy. He was so sweet and I don't think I treated him that well.

I wish I could see him face to face and say sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment