Wednesday 10 July 2013

A big believer.

 photo dancing_zps0da7d614.jpg

I am a big believer in love. That four letter word that can rip our hearts out as quickly as it can make them flutter. I have had my fair share of heartache and my fair share of breaking hearts I think, yet I still believe. I want the grand romance, the feel of being swept off my feet by someone and being carried away by it all. I want the flowers, the notes, the surprises - all of it. I am not bothered at all for grand, expensive gestures, I would swap those gladly for a hand written letter or a home cooked meal by candlelight. 

I want to be called 'darling' and I want to be someones 'sweetheart', rather than 'babe' or 'bird'. I want to have spontaneous moments like being dragged out my chair to slow dance to some old sloppy tune or snuggle in the rain outside a cafe over hot, steaming mugs of chocolate in the autumn as the leaves fall all about.

I am a hopeless, helpless romantic. Perhaps that's why I never feel quite settled in relationships. Perhaps I am in the wrong time. Perhaps I won't find any of those things in my lifetime. I really hope I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment