Tuesday 30 April 2013

When I get down I lose myself in shiny thoughts.



Escapism is beautiful. It gets you through the toughest of days and allows for total mental freedom, just like your dreams do. 

What do you do to totally escape from it all in your mind? I read, or make something or think about the future, losing myself in thoughts of what I could do and how I could do it - this shouldn't just be for dreaming though, should it? Someone once said to me that '...if your dreams look like reality you are not dreaming large enough'. I like that, it is so true.

So, maybe escapism is not a diversion, maybe what we think of, when times are slightly grey, are the things we should bring our focus to? (Except that in my case Harry Potter can be my escapism - not so sure I could look good on a broomstick).

No comments:

Post a Comment